Who experiences sexual assault?
These results are based on reported sexual assault. Due to a lack of reports made, the results found online can vary greatly. The common theme in all of the results was that women of color, disabled people, and trans people are at a greater disadvantage; they are also less likely to report.
By Race and Gender
- 34.1% of Native American cis women
- 24.4% of Mixed race cis women
- 18.8% of African American cis women
- 17.7% of White cis women
- 11.9% of Hispanic/Latinx cis women
- 6.8% of Asian/Pacific islander cis women
- 1 out of every 33 survivors are cis-men
- 1 in 2 trans people have been sexually assaulted at some point in their lives.