The Safe Office provides confidential crisis response and on-going support services to Reynolda Campus students for concerns related to interpersonal violence, including sexual misconduct, relationship violence, and stalking. The Safe Office also serves as a liaison to campus and community resources, offers educational programming, and provides confidential consultations for concerned students, parents, faculty, and staff.
The vision of the Safe Office is to promote and foster a safe campus climate that is free of interpersonal violence, including sexual misconduct, relationship violence and stalking.
The Safe Office partners with campus and community resources to provide prevention and intervention education, crisis response and support services that foster individual and collective action to empower survivors and end interpersonal violence.
Safe Office Services
- 24/7 confidential Help Line available to survivors and their allies,
- Confidential consultation for students, parents, staff, and faculty regarding sexual and relationship violence or stalking concerns,
- Advocacy and options counseling for anyone wanting to understand their reporting options and rights,
- Accompaniment to appointments such as medical exams, police interviews, court hearings and more,
- Safety Planning,
- Individual and group counseling on understanding trauma responses, developing coping strategies, and more,
- Prevention education and awareness raising events for the WFU campus community,
- Professional trainings for WFU students, faculty and staff on understanding sexual misconduct, how to support survivors, and how to create a safer campus climate.