The Safe Office is available 24/7 at 336.758.5285 to confidentially respond to urgent needs, assist students as they evaluate their options, and support them as they begin the healing process. Additional resource information is available in the Get Resources section.
You are not alone. You are not to blame. You deserve better.
- Acknowledge that you are in an abusive relationship.
- Tell yourself that you deserve better than this.
- Commit to working towards getting out of this relationship.
- Get to a safe place.
- Get support from friends and family.
- Get medical help.
- Make a safety plan.
- Consider getting a campus No Contact Order and/or a city Personal Protection Order.
- Get professional help: the Safe Office, University Counseling Center, University Police, and other Campus Resources are available to help you stay safe and navigate options.
Click to leave site immediately
24/7 Confidential Help Line
University Counseling Center
To make an appointment, call: 336.758.5273
Wake Safe App
- Mobile BlueLight: simultaneously send your location to and call WFU PD.
- Friend Walk: sends your location in real-time to a friend so they can watch you as you walk to your destination!
- Social Escape: allows you to get out of a tough social situation by calling you and giving you an excuse to leave.
- We Are Wake: a comprehensive call to care for the mental health of all students.
- Campus Support Resources